Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Auckland Musem

Yesterday morning it was a cold and cloudy day. It was cold like we were up in the north pole freezing to death. As soon I walked in with my mum as a helper, there were lots of helpers sitting on the seats. My mum sat down with the other parents and waited until Mrs Miller got back.

As soon as the roll was called out we lined up and waited by the footpath for our bus to arrive. We waited and waited but the bus wasn't here so Mrs miller called out to eat a little snack because it going to be morning tea soon. Later on the bus arrived and we hoped on drove to the museum at fast as we could. At the museum we were learning lots new things like why tapa is important to us and a special tree that is in New Zealand hidden to be safe so it can last.

The lady at the museum was talking to us about migration as our topic back at school. For migration means our an-sisters moving countries for a better future. our an-sisters brought important things with them like their musical instruments, clothing, titis, tapas and mostly their language. The lady at the museum said the only thing she couldn't live without is her language.

My favorite part is the Marae going inside and seeing the carvings, I also enjoyed washing my hands with scared. It to get rid of any bad things in that area. I really liked going to the museum, and I wish to go there again.

1 comment:

  1. Great photo Victoria! You have written a great recount with lots of descriptions. It was a great trip and I hope your mum enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete